County Logo
Brevard County, Florida
Turkey Creek Sanctuary, Brevard County EEL Program

Turkey Creek Sanctuary

Turkey Creek Sanctuary Brevard County EEL ProgramAcquired and managed by the City of Palm Bay, the Audubon Society, and the EEL Program, a boardwalk nature trail, and jogging trails wind through the 130-acre sanctuary. The boardwalk trail passes through hydric (wet) hammock, mesic (moist) hammock, and sand pine scrub communities, and much of it overlooks Turkey Creek. The sanctuary can also be accessed by canoe or kayak. The Margaret Hames Nature Center provides interpretive exhibits, a gift shop, and restrooms.

Acquired and managed in partnership with the City of Palm Bay

Size: 130 acres

Habitats: Hydric hammock, mesic hammock, sand pine scrub, and Turkey Creek

Wildlife: Box turtle, alligator, eastern indigo snake, west Indian manatee, river otter, gopher tortoise, spotted skunk, raccoon, opossum, endangered Florida mouse. Listed in State of Florida Great Florida Birding Trail for warbler, osprey, duck, wading birds, and pileated woodpecker

ADA Access: Parking, nature center, boardwalk, paved walkway

Dos & Don'ts:

Turkey Creek Sanctuary

City of Palm Bay
Land Manager: Oli Johnson
Phone: 321-676-6690

1502 Port Malabar Blvd NE

Palm Bay, FL 32905

Trails Open 7:00 AM - Sunset Daily
Nature Center Open 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Visit the Turkey Creek Sanctuary Today!

Contact Webmaster about this website's content, services, or technical issues.
Board of County Commissioners
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way  Viera, FL 32940
Tel: (321) 633-2000 or Florida Relay 1-800-955-8771
Subscribe to Brevard County Public Information Releases and Newsletters
Subscribe to Brevard County Public Information Releases
County Webmail | Using Our Site | Privacy Statement | ADA Notice | Site Map
Copyright © Brevard County, Florida. All rights reserved.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.