County Logo
Emergency Management Banner

Please click on the following images below for more information

Alert Sign up
Special Needs Registration

Hazards - Civil Disorder

Brevard Web Banner_Civil Disorder

Civil disorder is the result of groups or individuals within the population who may feel that their needs or rights are not being met. Civil disorder can also occur in reaction to political movements or special events that attract large crowds, or as a result of an unemployment or economic crisis. When groups or individuals disrupt the community to the point where intervention is required to maintain public safety, the event has become a civil disorder.




  • Stay inside. Close and lock all windows and doors.
  • Be vigilant.



  • Listen to public safety officials for information.
  • Avoid the affected areas.


Quick Facts

  • The most common type of civil disorder is a riot. Riots can cause extensive social disruption, loss of jobs, death, and property damage.
  • There have been no recorded incidents of civil disorder in Brevard.

Brevard County Emergency Management Office

1746 Cedar Street
Rockledge, Florida 32955
Tel: (321) 637-6670
Fax: (321) 633-1738

Kimberly Prosser

Email Brevard County Emergency Management Director Email the Emergency Management Office
Facebook Logo
Like Brevard County Emergency Management on Facebook!
Twitter Logo
Follow Brevard County Emergency Management on Twitter!
Contact Webmaster about this website's content, services, or technical issues.
Board of County Commissioners
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way  Viera, FL 32940
Tel: (321) 633-2000 or Florida Relay 1-800-955-8771
Subscribe to Brevard County Public Information Releases and Newsletters
Subscribe to Brevard County Public Information Releases
County Webmail | Using Our Site | Privacy Statement | ADA Notice | Site Map
Copyright © Brevard County, Florida. All rights reserved.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.