Community Report 20-058 July 15, 2020 6:00 PM
CDC Guidance for Personal Activities
Cloth Face Coverings
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and gas stations.
- Cloth face coverings may slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.
- Children under 2 should not wear a cloth face covering.
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering
- Put it over your nose and mouth.
- Take off your cloth face covering carefully, when you're home.
- You can include your face covering with your regular laundry, using the warmest appropriate water setting.
- After washing, use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry.
- Or, lay flat and allow to completely dry. If possible, place the cloth face covering in direct sunlight.
The CDC gives these tips for wearing cloth face
EOC and LSA Status as of 7/15
|Face Masks Distributed||1,060,920|
|Glove Pairs Distributed||311,053|
Daily Positive Cases
(select Brevard and cases by county tab)
Total Test Results to Date
(Scroll to Brevard report)
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program application form is available for download. Applicants must review and submit all of the required
documents and attachments to qualify for assistance.
Brevard County Farmers Market
Brevard County Farmers Market is open Thursdays from 3 PM to 6 PM. Links to each of the vendors can be found at Brevard County Farmers Market.
- Through August 31 when SNAP/EBT is used, they will double the amount purchased. The amount purchased will be given in the form of orange tokens, and can be used with most all of the vendors.
- The matching dollars will be given in the form of green tokens and can only be used for fresh produce or plants that produce fruits, veggies, or herbs.
- There is currently no limit on the match and tokens do not expire.
Community Feeding Operations
- For information on food pantry locations and how to access help, utilize the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource guide.
It is recommended that you call ahead to verify availability.
- Brevard County Public Schools continue to offer meals for all children up to 18 years old at 15 food distribution sites until July 31.
- Food distribution sites are open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only from
10:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Food distribution sites.
- Brevard County Parks and Recreation Department will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program until Friday, August 7. Drive up and walk up service will be available from 10:30 AM –12:30 PM.
- To date, Brevard County VOAD feeding operation has distributed 1.35 million meals.
Brevard County COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Florida Department of Health in Brevard (DOH-Brevard) is offering free COVID-19 testing.
- Call 321-454-7141 for an appointment.
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday until further notice from 8:30 AM to 12 PM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM DOH Brevard Viera Clinic, 2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
- Thursday, July 16 Parker Memorial Missionary Baptist Church, Cocoa
EFSC Palm Bay Campus
- Drive-through, no appointment required, testing at the Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay Campus located at 250 Community College Parkway. (Use the entrance from San Filippo Dr. SE & Jupiter Blvd.)
- Testing will be available seven days a week from 9 AM to 5 PM for individuals over the age of 18.
- Photo ID is required for all who desire testing, to verify they are of legal age.
- Pro-Health & Fitness, 255 Borman Drive, Merritt Island. Monday – Saturday, 9 AM to Noon
- To register for an appointment, call 321-434-3131
- Pre-registration is required at all testing locations. For appointments, call 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699. Tuesday afternoons, Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot, 2210 Cheney Hwy, Titusville.
- Wednesday afternoons, Greater St. James Missionary Baptist Church, grass lot south of church
2396 Harry T. Moore Ave. Mims
- Thursday afternoons, Harry T. Moore Social Services Center parking lot
725 S. Deleon Ave. Titusville
- Friday mornings, Parrish Medical Offices parking lot
7075 US 1 Port St. John
- Saturday mornings, Gibson Youth Center parking lot
835 Sycamore St. Titusville
EOC Partner Status
State / National Highlights
The Florida Department of Education issued Executive Order 2020-EO-06 requiring all public and charted schools to reopen in August.
On June 30, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-159 , extending Executive Order 20-94 regarding limited extension of mortgage
foreclosure and eviction relief until August 1.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention issue a statement advising Americans to wear masks to prevent COVID 19 spread.
Brevard County Emergency Management is also providing updates via the following social media accounts:
Text Message Updates: Text BrevardEOC to 888-777
State / National