The eleven member Affordable Housing Council (AHC) was created to review policies & procedures, ordinances, and land development regulations that affect the production of affordable housing. The AHC makes recommendations to the BOCC regarding funding and policies that encourage the facilitation of affordable housing development. All members are appointed for a two year term.
- A citizen who actively serves on the local planning agency pursuant to s. 163.3174. If the local planning agency is comprised of the governing board of the county or municipality, the governing board may appoint a designee who is knowledgeable in
the local planning process.
- A citizen who is actively engaged in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing.
The Council meets once each month, at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays at the Government Center in Viera. All members are appointed at large by the BOCC. Interested parties should contact Brevard County Housing
and Human Services at (321) 633-2076 for additional information and/or an application.
Board was formed: March, 1993.
Mandated By: County Commission Resolution.
- To review established policies and procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, the adopted Comprehensive Plan of Brevard County.
- To make recommendations on specific initiatives to encourage the facilitation of affordable housing development.
- To make funding recommendations to the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners for the development and sustainability of affordable housing for low and moderate income persons in Brevard County.
Membership: 11 members representing banking, real estate, essential service personnel, employers, local planning board members, local resident, residential construction, affordable housing, persons with disabilities, and members at large.