Commercial Alterations and Renovations to Existing Buildings and Structures Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered users, can submit documents, view application status / review comments and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS).
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Commercial: Alteration that DOES NOT impact the footprint of the building, add height to the building, or include stucco over frame. Includes but not limited to interior build-out, fences, walls, windows, doors, pool resurface. Includes
all sub-trades such as electrical, plumbing, and roofing.
- Building Contractor
- Drywall Contractor
- Garage Door Contractor
- General Contractor
- Glass - Glazing Contractor
- Marine I Contractor
- Marine II Contractor
- Pollutant Storage Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Storm Shutter Contractor
- Stucco Contractor
- Swimming Pool Commercial Contractor
- Swimming Pool Service Contractor
- Tower Specialty Contractor
- Window and Door Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person as a walk-in customer.
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Sub-Contractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Contractor Asbestos Notification Statement
- Owner Asbestos Notification Statement, if owner / builder
- Property survey depicting all existing buildings and improvements, right of ways, easements, etc.
- Construction documents and plans