Commercial Minor Improvements and Repairs Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered users, can submit documents, view application status / review comments and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS).
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Commercial: Minor improvements or repairs such as:
- Electrical wiring, meter can, breaker panel
- HVAC, new or replacement units with or without duct work
- Reroof and skylights
- Gas piping, photovoltaic, or passive water heating or pool heating systems, installation or replacement
- Electrical Contractor
- General Contractor
- HARV limited or HARV unlimited Contractor
- Limited Energy Contractor
- LP Gas Contractor
- Mechanical Contractor
- Plumbing Contractor
- Roofing Contractor
- Sheet Metal Contractor
- Solar Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person as a walk-in customer.
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Sub-Contractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Construction plans, drawings, and specifications.