Residential Additions, Alterations, Accessory Buildings and Structures Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered users, can submit documents, view application status / review comments and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS).
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Exterior addition or change that impacts the footprint of the building, add height to the building, or includes stucco over frame. Such as: carports, detached garages, docks, room additions, screen enclosures, sheds, etc.
Can include interior changes. Includes all sub-trades such as electrical, plumbing, and roofing.
- Building Contractor
- General Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Stucco Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person as a walk-in customer.
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Sub-Contractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Land Clearing Affidavit
- Property survey depicting all existing building and improvements, right of ways, easements, etc.
- Dimensioned plot plan drawn to scale showing the location of proposed buildings and structures
- Construction documents and plans