Residential Minor Improvements and Repairs Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered users, can submit documents, view application status / review comments and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS).
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Interior changes involving more than one (1) trade such as electric, plumbing, doors, windows, shutters OR changes to walls and drywall including associated demolition. Does not include any changes that impact the foot print
of the building.
- Building Contractor
- Drywall Contractor
- General Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Additional licenses maybe required based on the project such as HVAC, electric, gas, plumbing, reroof, stucco, minor structural repair.
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person as a walk-in customer.
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Sub-Contractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Construction documents and plans