Residential New One and Two Family Residences Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered users, can submit documents, view application status / review comments and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS).
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Construction of new one or two family dwelling. Includes all sub-trades such as electrical, plumbing, and roofing.
- Building Contractor
- General Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person as a walk-in customer.
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Sub-Contractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor;
- Florida Department of Environmental Health septic permit or approval document, if on septic system
- Property survey depicting and including but not limited to all existing buildings structures and improvements, adjacent right of ways w/elevations, easements, Flood Zone information, finished floor elevations of existing buildings, etc.
- Dimensioned plot plan drawn to scale showing the location of proposed mobile/manufactured home
- Lot grading and drainage plan showing proposed lot elevations and drainage of surface water to an approved outfall
- Construction documents and plans
- Energy Calculations
- Florida Product Approval documents for all exterior doors, windows, overhead garage doors, and skylights