Brevard County recognizes and appreciates the rights of all members of our online community to free speech and freedom of expression. This page and all comments posted, however, are regularly monitored by administrators and, while comments will not be
edited by County personnel, a comment may be removed from public view if it violates the social media policy described here.
Comments must be related to the posted topic for the social media page or post. The social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website or for service requests.
The following is prohibited on all Brevard County social media pages:
- Graphic, crude, obscene, defamatory, threatening, sexually prurient, or explicit or racial comments or submissions
- Abusive, aggressive, hateful, or harassing language
- Attempts to defame or defraud any person(s), financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that advocate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- Content that violates intellectual property or copyright laws
- Personally identifiable information
- Commercial solicitations or advertisements including promotions or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency unless on behalf of the County
- Statements that endanger public health, safety and security or statements that encourage, provide advice for or solicit the commission of a criminal act
Twitter, Instagram. This Social Media Policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time. Social media sites are designated as a limited public
forum*, any content posted is subject to public records retention and disclosure pursuant to Florida law. Opinions expressed by visitors to this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Brevard County Government.