BREVARD COUNTY, FL -- The Brevard County Housing and Human Services Department seeks public comment on the Community Development Block Grant Substantial Amendment to the 2021-2022 Annual Action Plan.
This Amendment identifies the funding and location of infrastructure improvements in accordance with the annual goals and objectives from the 2021-22 Action Plan, tied to improving low/moderate income neighborhoods using Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. Specifically, $106,481 in CDBG funds for upgrading roadways and installing speed humps on Orange Avenue and Mitchell Avenue in the East Mims locally designated Neighborhood Strategy Area.
A public comment period will open on March 17 and close at 4 p.m. on April 17 for Substantial Amendment.
During this period, the draft plan will be available for public review on the County website: https://www.brevardfl.gov/HousingAndHumanServices/PlansAndReports
Copies of the plan can also be found at the following locations starting March 17:
- Brevard County Government, Housing & Human Services, 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way; B-106, Viera, FL 32940 (321) 633-2076
- Catherine Schweinsberg Rood Central Brevard Public Library, 308 Forrest Ave., Cocoa, FL 32922 (321) 633-1792
- City of Cocoa, Community Development, 65 Stone St., Cocoa, FL 32922 (321) 433-8511
- City of Melbourne, Housing and Neighborhood Improvement, 695 East University Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901 (321) 674-5734
- City of Palm Bay, Housing & Development Services, 120 Malabar Rd., Palm Bay, FL 32907 (321) 952-3429
- City of Titusville, Neighborhood Services, 725 Deleon Ave., Titusville, FL 32780 (321) 567-3783
- Franklin T. DeGroodt Public Library, 6475 Minton Rd. S.E., Palm Bay, FL 32908 (321) 952-6317
- Titusville Public Library, 2121 S. Hopkins Ave., Titusville, FL 32780 (321) 264-5026
Comments may be submitted electronically at the link above or by sending them to: Brevard County Housing & Human Services Department, Attention: Natasha Jones, Special Projects Coordinator, 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Building B, Suite B-106, Viera, FL 32940. All comments must be received by 4 p.m. on April 17. Any comments received after this day and time will be excluded.
The public hearing on the proposed Substantial Amendment is scheduled to be held at the Board of County Commissioners meeting at 9 a.m. on April 18.