Community Report 20-055 June 24, 2020 7:15 PM
CDC Guidance for Personal Activities
Getting Deliveries or Takeout?
- Limit in person contact if possible.
- Pay online or on the phone when your order, if possible.
- Accept deliveries without in-person contact whenever possible. Ask for deliveries to be left in a safe spot outside your home (such as your front porch or lobby), with no person-to-person interaction.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from the delivery person if contactless delivery is not possible.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after accepting deliveries or collecting mail.
- After receiving your delivery or bringing home your takeout food, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- After collecting mail from a post office or home mailbox, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
The CDC gives these tips for what food and grocery pick-up and delivery drivers need to know about COVID-19. .
EOC and LSA Status as of 6/24
|Face Masks Distributed||577,960|
|Glove Pairs Distributed||225,653|
Daily Positive Cases
(select Brevard and cases by county tab)
Total Test Results to Date
(Scroll to Brevard report)
Brevard County Emergency Management wants to recognize the county’s “Masked Crusaders,” to spread the word on the importance of following CDC recommendations.
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program application form can be found at http://www.brevardfl.gov/HumanServices/Announcements. Applicants
must review and submit all of the required documents and attachments to qualify for assistance.
Brevard County Farmers Market
Brevard County Farmers Market is open Thursdays from 3 PM to 6 PM. Links to each of the vendors can be found at Brevard County Farmers Market.
- Through August 31 when SNAP/EBT is used, they will double the amount purchased. The amount purchased will be given in the form of orange tokens, and can be used with most all of the vendors.
- The matching dollars will be given in the form of green tokens and can only be used for fresh produce or plants that produce fruits, veggies, or herbs.
- There is currently no limit on the match and tokens do not expire.
Community Feeding Operations
- For information on food pantry locations and how to access help, utilize the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource guide.
It is recommended that you call ahead to verify availability.
- Brevard County Public Schools continues to offer meals for all children up to 18 years old at 15 food distribution sites, June 1 –June 30. No meal service July 1 through July 3.
- Brevard County Parks and Recreation Department will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program until Friday, August 7. Drive up and walk up service will be available from 10:30 AM –12:30 PM.
- To date, Brevard County VOAD feeding operation has distributed 999,930 lbs. of food to 15 pop-up food pantries, totaling 833,275 meals.
Brevard County COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Florida Department of Health in Brevard (DOH-Brevard) is offering free COVID-19 testing.
- Call 321-454-7141 for an appointment.
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday until further notice from 9 AM to Noon
DOH-Brevard Viera Clinic, 2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
EFSC Palm Bay Campus
- Drive-through, no appointment required, testing at the Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay Campus located at 250 Community College Parkway. (Use the entrance from San Filippo Dr. SE & Jupiter Blvd.)
- Testing will be available seven days a week from 9 AM to 5 PM for individuals over the age of 18.
- Photo ID is required for all who desire testing, to verify they are of legal age.
- Pro-Health & Fitness, 255 Borman Drive, Merritt Island. Monday – Saturday, 9 AM to Noon
- To register for an appointment, call 321-434-3131
- Pre-registration is required at all testing locations. For appointments, call 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699.
- Tuesday afternoons, Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot,
2210 Cheney Hwy, Titusville
- Wednesday afternoons, Greater St. James Missionary Baptist Church, grass lot south of church
2396 Harry T. Moore Ave. Mims
- Thursday afternoons, Harry T. Moore Social Services Center parking lot
725 S. Deleon Ave. Titusville
- Friday mornings, Parrish Medical Offices parking lot
7075 US 1 Port St. John
- Saturday mornings, Gibson Youth Center parking lot
835 Sycamore St. Titusville
EOC Partner Status
State / National Highlights
On June 22, Surgeon General Rivkees amended the previously issued Public Health Advisory to emphasize that face coverings should be worn in any settings where social distancing is not possible, unless any of the following are applicable:
- A child is under two years of age
- An individual has one or more medical conditions or disabilities that prevent wearing a face covering
- An individual is obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service
- An individual works in a profession where use of a face covering will not be compatible with the duties of the profession
- An individual is engaged in outdoor work or recreation with appropriate social distancing in place
Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-150, extending Executive Order 20-69 regarding local government public meetings until
Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-149 which requests that public school superintendents close schools on August
18 for Primary Election Day and November 3 for General Election Day so that the schools may be used as precinct polling places. And additionally requests government employees to serve at polls.
Brevard County Emergency Management is also providing updates via the following social media accounts:
Text Message Updates: Text BrevardEOC to 888-777
State / National