Community Report 20-056 July 1, 2020 7:00 PM
CDC Guidance for Personal Activities
- Use disinfecting wipes on handles and buttons before you touch them, if possible.
- After fueling, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds when you get home or somewhere with soap and water.
The CDC gives these tips for running essential errands
such as grocery shopping, take out, banking, and
getting gas. For more information, click.
EOC and LSA Status as of 7/1
|Face Masks Distributed||834,680|
|Glove Pairs Distributed||236,853|
Daily Positive Cases
(select Brevard and cases by county tab)
Total Test Results to Date
(Scroll to Brevard report)
Administrative Order #53
On June 29, Brevard County issued Administrative Order #53 requiring all county employees to wear a face covering while at work consistent with current CDC guidelines.
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program
The Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program application form can be found at http://www.brevardfl.gov/HumanServices/Announcements. Applicants
must review and submit all of the required documents and attachments to qualify for assistance.
Brevard County Farmers Market
Brevard County Farmers Market is open Thursdays from 3 PM to 6 PM. Links to each of the vendors can be found at Brevard County Farmers Market.
- Through August 31 when SNAP/EBT is used, they will double the amount purchased. The amount purchased will be given in the form of orange tokens, and can be used with most all of the vendors.
- The matching dollars will be given in the form of green tokens and can only be used for fresh produce or plants that produce fruits, veggies, or herbs.
- There is currently no limit on the match and tokens do not expire.
Community Feeding Operations
- For information on food pantry locations and how to access help, utilize the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource guide.
It is recommended that you call ahead to verify availability.
- Brevard County Public Schools continues to offer meals for all children up to 18 years old at 15 food distribution sites until July 31. No meal service July 1 through July 3.
- Students will receive 4 days of meals on June 30 due to the July 4 holiday.
- Beginning July 6 through July 31, there will be 13 food distribution sites open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only. Food distribution sites.
- Brevard County Parks and Recreation Department will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program until Friday, August 7. Drive up and walk up service will be available from 10:30 AM –12:30 PM.
- To date, Brevard County VOAD feeding operation has distributed 1,210,968 lbs. of food to 15 pop-up food pantries.
Brevard County COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Florida Department of Health in Brevard (DOH-Brevard) is offering free COVID-19 testing.
- Call 321-454-7141 for an appointment.
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday until further notice from 8:30 AM to 12 PM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM DOH Brevard Viera Clinic, 2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
- Testing will not be available July 3
EFSC Palm Bay Campus
- Drive-through, no appointment required, testing at the Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay Campus located at 250 Community College Parkway. (Use the entrance from San Filippo Dr. SE & Jupiter Blvd.)
- Testing will be available seven days a week from 9 AM to 5 PM for individuals over the age of 18.
- Photo ID is required for all who desire testing, to verify they are of legal age.
- Pro-Health & Fitness, 255 Borman Drive, Merritt Island. Monday – Saturday, 9 AM to Noon
- To register for an appointment, call 321-434-3131
- Testing will not be available July 3
- Pre-registration is required at all testing locations. For appointments, call 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699.
- Due to the 4 th of July holiday, testing will not be available July 3 through July 6
- Tuesday afternoons, Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot,
2210 Cheney Hwy, Titusville
- Wednesday afternoons, Greater St. James Missionary Baptist Church, grass lot south of church
2396 Harry T. Moore Ave. Mims
- Thursday afternoons, Harry T. Moore Social Services Center parking lot
725 S. Deleon Ave. Titusville
- Friday mornings, Parrish Medical Offices parking lot
7075 US 1 Port St. John
- Saturday mornings, Gibson Youth Center parking lot
835 Sycamore St. Titusville
EOC Partner Status
State / National Highlights
On June 25, Governor DeSantis announced $250 million in CARES Act funding for rental and mortgage assistance for Florida families that have been negatively impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic.
On June 30, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-159 , extending Executive Order 20-94 regarding limited extension of mortgage foreclosure and eviction relief until August 1.
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation issued Emergency Order 2020-09. The order suspended on premises consumption of alcohol at bars statewide.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its guidance on visiting beaches and pools
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Stay at least 6 feet away, both in and out of the water, from people you don’t live with.
- Wear a cloth face covering when you are not in the water.
- Wash your hands often and don’t share items with people you don’t live with.
Brevard County Emergency Management is also providing updates via the following social media accounts:
Text Message Updates: Text BrevardEOC to 888-777
State / National