Community Report 20-060 July 28, 2020 7:00 PM
CDC Guidance for Personal Activities
Preparing for Hurricane Season
The CDC offers guidance for preparing for hurricane
EOC and LSA Status as of 7/28
|Face Masks Distributed||1,268,264|
|Glove Pairs Distributed||404,303|
Daily Positive Cases
(select Brevard and cases by county tab)
Total Test Results to Date
(Scroll to Brevard report)
Workforce Recovery Assistance Program
Visit the Career Source Brevard website for access to the Workforce Recovery Assistance Program online application , available to small businesses (fewer than 50 employees) impacted by COVID-19 can apply to have employee pay covered for up to 16 weeks. Deadline to file is July 31.
Small Business Grant Available
Visit the Brevard CARES website for access to the Small Business and Nonprofit Organizations grant online application . Small businesses and nonprofit organizations may be eligible
for grants of up to $10,000 to offset expenses and lost revenue related to the COVID 19 public health emergency.
Mortgage Assistance Program
Applicants applying for the Rental and Mortgage Assistance Program, Utility and Security Deposit Program, and a Food Stability Program must review and submit all of the required documents and attachments to qualify for assistance as instructed on the
Housing and Human Services Coronavirus Assistance Program application form
Community Feeding Operations
- For information on food pantry locations and how to access help, utilize the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource guide.
It is recommended that you call ahead to verify availability.
- Brevard County Public Schools food distribution sites continue to offer meals for all children up to 18 years old through July 31. Sites are open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Brevard County Parks and Recreation Department is participating in the Summer Food Service Program with distribution sites until Friday, August 7. Drive
up and walk up service will be available from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Brevard County has partnered with the Children’s Hunger Project to distribute 7,490 weekend meals from July 17 to July 24. As well as 547 households served by the Brevard County Farmer’s Market from June 25 to July 23.
- To date, Brevard County VOAD feeding operation has distributed 1.4 million meals.
Brevard County COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Florida Department of Health in Brevard (DOH-Brevard) is offering free COVID-19 testing.
- Call 321-454-7141 for an appointment.
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday until further notice from 8:30 AM to 12 PM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM DOH Brevard Viera Clinic, 2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
- Thursday, July 16 from 9 AM to 2 PM at Parker Memorial Missionary Baptist Church, Cocoa
EFSC Palm Bay Campus
- Free drive-through, no appointment required, testing at the Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay Campus located at 250 Community College Parkway. (Use the entrance from San Filippo Dr. SE & Jupiter Blvd.)
- Testing will be available seven days a week from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Photo ID is required for all who desire testing, to verify they are of legal age.
- Testing will be available to children age 5 years old and up with parents consent.
- Symptomatic lane has been added.
- Pro-Health & Fitness, 255 Borman Drive, Merritt Island. Monday – Saturday, 9 AM to Noon
- To register for an appointment, call 321-434-3131
- Pre-registration is required at all testing locations. For appointments, call 321-268-6139 or text “covid test” to 321-204-1699. Tuesday afternoons, Parrish Health and Fitness Center parking lot, 2210 Cheney Hwy, Titusville.
- Wednesday afternoons, Greater St. James Missionary Baptist Church, grass lot south of church
2396 Harry T. Moore Ave. Mims
- Thursday afternoons, Harry T. Moore Social Services Center parking lot
725 S. Deleon Ave. Titusville
- Friday mornings, Parrish Medical Offices parking lot
7075 US 1 Port St. John
- Saturday mornings, Gibson Youth Center parking lot
835 Sycamore St. Titusville
EOC Partner Status
|Patrick Air Force Base||Patrick Air Force Base COVID-19 Updates|
|Brevard Public Schools|
Brevard County School Board voted to delay the start of 2020 21 school year to August 24.
Winter break will be reduced from 12 days to 10 days from December 18 January 1.
City Hall and the offices at Nancy Hanson Recreation Complex are closed to public visitors. All city services remain intact and meetings will be by appointment only.
Cape Canaveral COVID-19 Information
New Cape Canaveral COVID 19 wastewater test results released.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to wear a face covering in places open to the public.
City of Cocoa COVID-19 Information
All city fire stations are closed to visitors until August 10.
Visitors to City Hall are by appointment only, and must have their temperature taken prior to entering.
Emergency Declaration 4 requires the use of face coverings.
Face coverings are required for employees and visitors to Town Hall.
Grant Valkaria COVID-19 Information
Town Hall services are closed to the public. Town Hall services continue to remain available virtually via 321-723-2242 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Police services may be reached at 321-723-7788 or by email at email@example.com
|Indian Harbour Beach|
Face coverings are required for businesses and patrons as well as in designated city facilities.
Indian Harbor Beach Ordinance on Face Coverings, Notice to Businesses and Face Covering Guidelines.
Indian Harbor Beach COVID-19 Information
Malabar COVID-19 Information or call 321-727-7764.
Moratorium on utilities late fees and service disconnections for nonpayment ends August 3
City of Melbourne COVID-19 Information
|Melbourne Beach||Melbourne Beach COVID-19 Information|
Daily operations continue by phone and email. Visitors to the office will be escorted and screened.
E-mail Melbourne Village, call (321) 723-8300 or visit Melbourne Village website.
City has implemented the requirement that all employees are to wear masks/face coverings at all times while on the job, with limited exceptions allowed. Standardized signage has also been placed on entry doors for all city owned facilities
asking visitors to wear face coverings, and advising that masks will be provided upon entry. However, this is not mandatory for visitors and there is no current enforcement mechanism in place.
Moratorium on utility late fees and service disconnections for nonpayment end July 31. Contact customer service at (321) 952 3420 to discuss options and arrangements that are available.
Palm Bay COVID-19 information.
Face coverings are required in indoor public locations and outdoors when not maintaining
social distancing from others.
Palm Shores COVID-19 Information
The use of face masks is strongly encouraged within the city limits.
Rockledge COVID-19 Information
Emergency ordinance 01 2020 requires face coverings
for city employees and visitors to any indoor city owned facility
Emergency ordinance 02 2020 directs businesses to post face covering
policies on their doorway and requires essential businesses to mandate face coverings for all customers and employees.
Satellite Beach COVID-19 Information
City Resolution 21-2020 encourages face coverings at all indoor locations
The city has temporarily closed the Harry T. Moore facility for cleaning and employee COVID 19 testing. Services remain available remotely by calling 321 567 3987 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate reopening the Center on Monday, July 27.
Titusville COVID-19 information
All businesses in West Melbourne must post their face mask policy.
Employers of ten specified “essential businesses” must require their employees, except for specified exemptions, to wear masks while inside public areas of their business.
Customers of the specified “essential businesses”, except for specified exemptions, must wear a mask while inside the “essential businesses”.
Additional West Melbourne businesses, at their discretion, may opt into the emergency ordinance such that the Police Department is able to enforce the ordinance within their particular business.
Municipal buildings are closed to the public except for the purpose of City Council and City board meetings, and for voting on election days.
West Melbourne COVID-19 information
State / National Highlights
The Florida Department of Health issued an additional Public Health Advisory in response to COVID 19.
The CDC extended the No Sail Order for cruise ships through September 30 providing interim guidance during the period of the No Sail Order.
Brevard County Emergency Management is also providing updates via the following social media accounts:
Text Message Updates: Text BrevardEOC to 888-777
State / National