Community Development Block Grant Advisory Board Meeting
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Siphikelelo “Siphi” Chinyanganya
The CDBG Citizens Advisory Committee meets once each month at 10:00 a.m. on the third Tuesday at the Government Center in Viera.
The Brevard County Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Board ('Board') shall provide and perform such duties and services as may from time to time be assigned to the Board by the Board of County Commissioners.
The specific goals and objectives of the Board are as follows:
- To build trust and understanding among residents and County officials
regarding housing and community needs by providing:
- An opportunity for those who live in the neighborhood to identify needs,
issues, goals, and priorities for low and moderate income residents and
communities as they perceive them.
- An opportunity for residents to assist in the decision-making process by
involvement in the planning and evaluation of Housing and Urban
Development assisted projects.
- An opportunity for local government and Committee members to further
assess and respond to the needs and preferences of the community,
- An opportunity to submit project recommendations to the Board of County
Commissioners and funding recommendations for Public Service Activities.
- To enhance the opportunity for residents to examine and comment on the interrelationship s of programs affecting their neighborhood.
- To enhance the opportunity for residents to participate in economic opportunities created by Federal programs.
The CDBG Citizens Advisory Committee meets once each month at 10:00 a.m. on the third Tuesday at the Government Center in Viera. Interested parties should contact Siphikelelo “Siphi” Chinyanganya, at (321) 633-2076 for additional information and/or an application.