College and Campus Fire Safety
Learn the ways you can stay safe on campus and in your dorms.
Campus and Dorm Safety Tips
- Learn your school’s escape plan. Every building will have an evacuation plan.
- Participate and take fire alarm drills seriously.
- Check to make sure your smoke alarms are working once a month.
- Do not disconnect or take the batteries out of your smoke alarms unless they need to be replaced.
- If you hear a smoke alarm or fire alarm, leave the building immediately.
- Do not go back for anything in your dorm or the building.
- Call 911 and let them know your location if you cannot safely escape.