Full time locations (5 towers)
(10 AM to 5 PM)
- Cocoa Beach Pier
- Shepard Park - Cocoa Beach
- Lori Wilson Park - Cocoa Beach
- Minuteman Cswy - Cocoa Beach
- Paradise/Futch Park - N Indialantic
Seasonal locations (20 towers)
(Additional towers operate seasonally starting the last week of May, open only on weekends until Memorial Day, after which time lifeguards are on duty every day until the first week of August. Then, the seasonal towers operate weekend only again until Labor Day)
- Cheri Down Park – Cape Canaveral - 1 tower
- Cocoa Beach Pier – Cocoa Beach - 1 towers
- Shepard Park - Cocoa Beach - 2 towers
- Lori Wilson Park - Cocoa Beach - 2 towers
- Tulip Avenue - Cocoa Beach – 1 tower
- Minuteman Cswy - Cocoa Beach - 2 towers
- 16th Street (Murkshe Park) - Cocoa Beach – 1 tower
- Pelican Park - Satellite Beach - 1 tower
- Paradise/Futch Park - N Indialantic - 2 towers
- Nance Park/Boardwalk - Indialantic - 3 towers
- Ocean Avenue - Melbourne Beach - 1 tower
- Spessard Holland Park (North) S Melbourne Beach - 2 towers
- Spessard Holland Park (South) S Melbourne Beach- 1 tower
Note: Port Canaveral provides year-round lifeguard service at Jetty Park.
2020 Lifeguard Tryouts
Brevard County Ocean Rescue new hire try outs are closed for the year. Check back October for the 2021 Season dates.
While no lifeguarding experience is necessary, candidates must be over the age of 16 on the first day of the academy, have reliable transportation, and possess strong swimming skills.
Candidates will be required to swim 500 yards (20 lengths of the pool) in less than 10 minutes, complete a 1-mile run in under 10 minutes and perform a physical agility test which includes push-ups. Advanced registration is required, by emailing Brevard County Ocean Rescue. Applicants are reminded that testing will begin promptly and anyone arriving after testing begins will not be permitted to try out.
All candidates must bring a government ID, Social Security card, appropriate swim attire, a towel, and running shoes. If selected, completion of the hiring process is dependent on the candidate's ability to pass a background test and successful completion of Ocean Rescue's paid training academy. The starting pay for ocean lifeguards is $10.60/hour.
For more information regarding the Ocean Lifeguard program, please contact: Chief Eisen Witcher (321) 633-2056 or FR_oradmin@brevardfl.gov