Community Development Block Grant Citizen Advisory Committee
Provides Community Development Grant funds for public services, public infrastructure improvements in low-income neighborhoods. CDBG provides planning and development of neighborhood revitalization, capacity building, economic development and provides funding for strategic planning.
Each year, through an annual competitive bid process, CDBG service dollars are awarded to eligible community service agencies demonstrating the capability to provide community services to strategy areas and priorities. Agencies must qualify as a 501c(3).
The CDBG Team provides technical assistance and staff CDBG Advisory Board, which offer recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for the following types of projects:
- Public Improvements: Roads, drainage, water, community centers and other neighborhood infrastructure improvements.
- Demolition / Clearance: Roads, drainage, water, community centers and other neighborhood infrastructure improvements.
- Land Acquisition: To develop home ownership projects and for development of community projects.
- Economic Development: To assist in the development of low-income communities and neighborhoods and to create/retain long term private sector jobs for low to-moderate income community residents.
- Public Service: Education, childcare, recreational mentoring program needs and other special service needs.
- Demolition Projects: Elimination of Slums and Blighted conditions.
The nine member Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Advisory Committee was created to provide citizen participation in the identification of housing and community development needs for low to moderate income citizens. The CDBG Advisory Committee makes recommendations to the BOCC regarding policies and federal funding that encourage infrastructure and other community development projects and public service activities. Members are appointed for a one year term representing seven neighborhood strategy areas. One member, in finance, is appointed at large by the BOCC.
These meetings are open to the public. Any individual wishing to speak regarding an agenda item must complete a speaker's card for each agenda item they wish to comment on. Speakers are allowed three minutes to complete their comments for each item for which a card was completed.
The Community Development Block Grant Citizen's Advisory Committee Meetings are held at the Viera Government Center, Space Coast Room, Second Floor, Viera, Florida 32940 at 10:00 AM.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2024
- Tuesday, May 21, 2024
- Tuesday, July 16, 2024
- Tuesday, August 16, 2024
- Art Edwards
- Brenda Fox
- Jeri Blanco
- LaTonya Hubbard
- Luella Shellman King
- Tony Sasso
- Vinnie Richardson
- Yvonne Minus