Community Development Block Grant
Neighborhood Projects Team Community Development Block Grant
Provides Community Development Grant funds for public services, public infrastructure improvements in low-income neighborhoods. CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) provides planning and development of neighborhood revitalization, capacity building, economic development and provides funding for strategic planning.
Each year, through an annual competitive bid process, CDBG service dollars are awarded to eligible community service agencies demonstrating the capability to provide community services to strategy areas and priorities. Agencies must qualify as a 501c(3).
The CDBG Team provides technical assistance and staff CDBG Advisory Board, which offer recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for the following types of projects:
- Public Improvements: Roads, drainage, water, community centers and other neighborhood infrastructure improvements.
- Demolition/Clearance: Roads, drainage, water, community centers and other neighborhood infrastructure improvements.
- Land Acquisition: To develop home ownership projects and for development of community projects.
- Economic Development: To assist in the development of low-income communities and neighborhoods and to create/retain long term private sector jobs for low to-moderate income community residents.
- Public Service: Education, childcare, recreational mentoring program needs and other special service needs.
- Demolition Projects: Elimination of Slums and Blighted conditions.
Community Development Block Grant Public Services Program and Coronavirus Program Request for Proposal (RFP)
Under the authority of the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners and subject to the availability of funds, the Housing and Human Services Department will accept applications from eligible Organizations in response to this Request for Proposal with
a receipt date of:
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 11:00 AM
Applications received after this date/time will not be accepted.