Boating and Waterways Program
Brevard County’s Boating and Waterways Program works to align the needs and resources of the County’s extensive waterways. The Program ensures the safety and enjoyment of the general public and is working to maintain a balance between the environmental, recreational, and commercial needs of the region, now and into the future.
Brevard County receives $10 million from the State to dredge muck from Lagoon
The state budget approved by the Legislature & signed by the Governor contains $10 million for Brevard County to dredge decades of organic muck from the Indian River Lagoon. $1 million will go to the Florida Institute of Technology to study the benefit of the dredging and its effectiveness in promoting seagrass regrowth.
- Brevard Boating Characterization Study
- Brevard County Parks and Recreation
- Brevard Marine Advisory Council
- FDEP Clean Marina Program
- FDEP Coastal Zone Management
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) Fishing Regulations
- University of Florida Brevard County Extension Office
- Your Boat and Hurricanes