Residential Fence Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Addition or repair/replacement of fences. [Permit not required for repair/replacement of less than 50% with same size/material in same location.]
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Building Contractor
- Fence Contractor
- General Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Hold Harmless Agreement
- Landscaping Land Clearing Affidavit
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts and uploaded, then approved
by Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Copy of a property survey showing the proposed fence lines marked with X's, fence height, and materials used