Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Removal of complete structures or parts of structures, including single family, 2 family, manufactured homes, and accessory structures (sheds, pools, carports, screen enclosures).
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Building Contractor
- Demolition Contractor
- General Contractor
- Mobile Home Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Landscaping Land Clearing Affidavit
- Copy of the Florida Department of Environmental Health approval for properties on septic
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts and uploaded, then approved
by Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Copy of a survey or dimensioned plot plan; drawn to scale and indicating the building(s) to be demolished