Residential Doors / Windows / Shutters Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Installation or replacement of exterior doors, windows, garage doors, or hurricane shutters on One or Two Family Residence. The door between living space and a garage requires a permit.
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Building Contractor
- Garage Door Contractor
- General Contractor
- Glass - Glazing Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Storm Shutter Contractor
- Window and Door Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections
- Product approval summary sheet or Florida Product Approval information and manufacturer's installation instructions for each product
- Floor plan identifying the location(s) where product(s) will be installed