Residential Mobile Home Installation Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Installation (set-up) of new or replacement manufactured home. This includes connection of all utilities. Examples: park trailer, mobile home (as defined in Florida Statutes Chapter 320.01).
This permit application does not include site built structures such as carports and sheds.
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Mobile Home Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person (must name Mobile Home Subcontractor)
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Florida Department of Environmental Health septic permit or approval document, if on septic system
- Affidavit of Safe Occupancy for Used Mobile Home (if installing a used mobile home)
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Manufactured Home Installation Information
- Plans - home floor plan, foundation plan showing pier spacing and anchor details and specifications, and electric service riser diagram
- Plot Plan - dimensioned plot plan drawn to scale showing the location of proposed mobile/manufactured home