Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Installation or replacement of water, sewer, or gas piping and systems. [NOTE: this does NOT include changing like for like water heaters or fixtures such as sinks.]
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- General Contractor
- LP Gas Contractor
- Plumbing Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts and uploaded, then approved by Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Plans – plumbing riser diagram or other plan documents