Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Installation (set-up) of new or replacement Tiny House on Wheels - a vehicular portable unit on a single chassis and mounted on wheels, which is intended for use as a primary residential structure that is not a mobile home,
manufactured home, or park trailer, as defined by Chapter 320, Florida Statutes (2018). A Tiny House on Wheels must meet all of the following conditions:
- It must be towable by a vehicle with a bumper hitch, frame-towing hitch, or fifth-wheel connection; and
- It cannot be designed to be moved under its own power; and
- It must comply with the dimensional and weight limits established by the State of Florida for vehicles using public roads.
No license is required for installation of a Tiny House on Wheels; however, license requirements still apply for connection to electrical and plumbing services.
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit application. For
Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Landscaping Land Clearing Affidavit
- Florida Department of Environmental Health septic permit or other approval document, if on septic system
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts and uploaded, then approved
by Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Plans – Home floor plan, foundation plan showing pier spacing and anchor details and specifications, and electric service riser diagram.
- Plot Plan – Dimensioned plot plan drawn to scale showing the location of the proposed Tiny House on Wheels.