Advantages of Virtual Inspections through VuSpex
- Save Time and Effort!
- No Scheduling Required for Brevard County
- At your convenience, simply submit VuSpex Offline Field Reports 24/7
- Available for Commercial and Residential Permits
- Available to Contractors, Field Agents and Home Owners
Update: VuSpex GO App new feature available to save photos and videos to your device with versions 1.3.1 and higher. Please download the latest version from the App Store or Google Play and provide permission to access your photo library when prompted or through your device settings for VuSpex GO App.
Inspection Types available as VuSpex Offline Field Reports (VuSpxOFR):
- Electrical Final
- Mechanical Final
- Monolithic Slab
- Roof Dry In
Contractors or field agents perform an onsite self-inspection with photos, video & notes for submission and review by the Inspector. You may use the VuSpex GO App or login to VuSpex Contractor Portal on your desktop to submit field reports.
- Download VuSpex GO App or visit VuSpex Contractor Portal website
- Register for VuSpex Contractor Account on App or Website
- Visit VuSpex Contractor Account for instructions
- Use phone number of your device and email address
- Select Florida for State and Brevard County for Agency when prompted
- Using VuSpex GO App
- Follow VuSpex GO Field Report User Guide on how to submit a Field Report (VuSpxOFR)
- Photos are stored within the VuSpex GO App and phone if access to photo library is permitted (new feature with app version 1.3.1)
- Using Desktop VuSpex Contractor Portal website
- Visit VuSpex Contractor Portal Inspection Submittal Video Tutorial on how to use your PC desktop.
- Photos must be uploaded to PC
Important: Location settings for photos are required to be enabled for permit address verification; iOS Location Setting Instructions , Android Location Setting Instructions .
Check Permit Status: Simply visit BASS (Brevard's Advanced Service Site) at www.BrevardFL.gov/BASS, select Building and search by Permit Number to verify the permit status is "Issued" and No Inspection Requirement Conditions apply, such as "NOC Required" for example; otherwise, the submittal will not go through and you may receive an error message. A BASS User account is Not required to simply View Permits. For additional assistance you may call Development Services at 321-633-2187.
Easy VuSpxOFR Process
- Inspections are Not Scheduled in advance. No need to call the Building Department! Simply login and submit your Field Report.
- Submittal using VuSpex GO App (Desktop steps slightly vary):
- Log in as Contractor
- Select New Field Report
- Enter a name for the report
- Attach Photos or Video
- Enter description
- Select Brevard County as Agency
- Enter Permit Number
- Select Inspection Type
- Confirm permit
- Verify stable Wi-Fi connection is available (if Wi-Fi is not available, submittal can be completed later)
- Submit Field Report (VuSpxOFR)
- If submittal fails, visit BASS (Brevard's Advanced Service Site) to verify permit status is Issued and no Conditions are applied. Note: A BASS User account is not required to use VuSpex Virtual Inspections or view the record on BASS. Simply search by Permit Number!
- The Field Report (VuSpxOFR) is submitted to the Brevard County Building Department
- The Inspector is automatically notified that a new VuSpxOFR has been submitted
- The Contractor receives an email of the VuSpxOFR Submittal for documentation and a text message. The VuSpxOFR submittal displays on BASS (Brevard's Advanced Service Site) as scheduled inspection. Select Building, Search by Permit Number, select Record, select Inspections from drop-down. Registration is not required.
If you experience any trouble installing or setting up the application or creating a new account, please visit VuSpex Support or email Support@VuSpex.com.
Monday through Friday
Hours: 11 am to 8 pm (EST)
Phone: (844) 288-7739. Ext. 2 (Leave a detailed voicemail)