Brevard County Utility Services Water Quality and Conservation
The Safe Drinking Water Act requires all public drinking water providers to issue an annual report to customers which summarizes water quality and compliance issues that occurred during the previous year.
The latest water quality reports are now available! Please select either Mims, Barefoot Bay (BFB), or San Sebastian Woods below to review the water quality information.
Annual Water Quality Reports
Looking for guidance on how to read Water Quality Reports and why they are required? Please review the EPA's informative EPA Guide to Water Quality Reports .
Being environmentally conscious about conserving water is not only good for the plant, it's good for your wallet. Here are some suggestions on was to save water at home.
Outdoor Water Conservation Actions
- Follow watering restrictions. More information at St. Johns River Water Management District Watering Restrictions
- Water your lawn only when it's showing signs of stress
- Avoid watering sidewalks and roadways, focus sprinklers on lawns and landscapes only
- Ensure that automatic irrigation timers and rain sensors are functioning properly and set to minimize irrigation
- Select plants that are appropriate for your soil, sunlight, and moisture conditions; Prioritize native plants
Indoor Water Conservation Actions
- When replacing plumbing fixtures and appliances, purchase water efficient models; Look for WaterSense® and EnergyStar® options
- Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth, washing your face, shaving, or doing the dishes
- Run the dishwasher only when it is full
- Wait to do laundry until you have a full load
- Thaw frozen foods in the fridge instead of under running water
To Learn More About Water Conservation:
10 Tips to Save Water - UF IFAS
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® DC is free software you can use to read and access the information contained within PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC contains many capabilities specifically designed to make it easier for people with disabilities to read PDF files, regardless of whether the files have been optimized for accessibility. It leverages accessibility functions built into Windows® and Mac OS systems and allows adjustment of user preferences to optimize the reading experience for a variety of disabilities.