Community Development Block Grant
Neighborhood Projects Team Community Development Block Grant
Provides Community Development Grant funds for public services, public infrastructure improvements in low-income neighborhoods. CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) provides planning and development of neighborhood revitalization, capacity building, economic development and provides funding for strategic planning.
Each year, through an annual competitive bid process, CDBG service dollars are awarded to eligible community service agencies demonstrating the capability to provide community services to strategy areas and priorities. Agencies must qualify as a 501c(3).
The CDBG Team provides technical assistance and staff CDBG Advisory Board, which offer recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for the following types of projects:
- Public Improvements: Roads, drainage, water, community centers and other neighborhood infrastructure improvements.
- Demolition/Clearance: Roads, drainage, water, community centers and other neighborhood infrastructure improvements.
- Land Acquisition: To develop home ownership projects and for development of community projects.
- Economic Development: To assist in the development of low-income communities and neighborhoods and to create/retain long term private sector jobs for low to-moderate income community residents.
- Public Service: Education, childcare, recreational mentoring program needs and other special service needs.
- Demolition Projects: Elimination of Slums and Blighted conditions.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® DC is free software you can use to read and access the information contained within PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC contains many capabilities specifically designed to make it easier for people with disabilities to read PDF files, regardless of whether the files have been optimized for accessibility. It leverages accessibility functions built into Windows® and Mac OS systems and allows adjustment of user preferences to optimize the reading experience for a variety of disabilities.