Brevard County Fire Rescue Volunteers
Brevard County Fire Rescue fire operations are supplemented by our fire reservist program. Fire reservists are unpaid members of the department and serve alongside our career personnel on a variety of emergency calls including structure fires, brush fires, vehicle accidents, etc. Reservists can choose to ride at any one of BCFRs 31 stations. When necessary, reservists also provide stand-by coverage at special events throughout the county.
To be considered for the Fire Reservist Program, applicants must meet the following:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of Florida Firefighter One Certificate of Competency
- Have a clean driving record
- Attend an application/orientation meeting (held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month)
BCFR also has contractual agreements for service with the following volunteer fire stations:
- Mims Volunteer Fire Department
- Four Communities Volunteer Fire Department
- Merritt Island Volunteer Fire Department
Fire reservists and volunteers will be required to attend regular meetings and training sessions in order to remain in good standing.
For more information on becoming a member of the reserve or volunteer programs, contact us at (321) 633-2056.