Under the routine supervision of the Fire Rescue Communications Shift Supervisor, performs entry-level protective service work dispatching fire rescue and emergency medical units throughout Brevard County. Work involves the use of computerized dispatch
systems, radio operations, and a high level of clear communications.
Requirements Summary (See Job Posting and Job Description for Full Details):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in high volume multi-line telephone, call center, or dispatching functions
- Two (2) years of experience in the emergency services field
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate of Science degree a closely related field
- Two (2) years in the Military Radio Communications field
- National Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatching (NAEMD) certification is preferred.
- National Academy of Emergency Fire Dispatching (NAEFD) certification is preferred
- Valid Florida Driver's license