County Logo
Utility Services Banner


Utility Services Department

In the spotlight at Brevard County Utility Services

In the Spotlight at Brevard County Utility Services


In order to maximize the availability of the reclaimed water in the Suntree/Viera area, Brevard County Utilities has implemented a schedule that will allow fair access to all customers.

Customer on the West side of I-95 will have access to reclaimed water on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:01am to 11:00am.

Customers on the East side of I-95 will have access to reclaimed water Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12:01am to 11:00am. 

Reclaimed water will not be available on Sundays in order to allow the reclamation facility time to recharge its supply. Golf courses will not be supplied with reclaimed water until further notice.

Please set your irrigation timers to coincide with these days and times. Each zone should be adjusted to irrigate for the shortest period of time to maintain live lawn conditions. Any maintenance to your irrigation system would also need to be scheduled during these times.

Regular updates will also be given on the Reuse Hotline 321-637-5477
Press 1 for the Mims Area
Press 2 for Merritt Island and Port St John Area
Press 3 for the Viera/Suntree Area
Press 4 for the Melbourne Beach Area

We appreciate your patience during this time. If you have any further questions please call 321-633-2093.

Brevard County Utility Services Department operates six wastewater treatment plants and three drinking water plants, providing quality drinking water, reclaimed irrigation water, and wastewater services throughout Brevard County.   As an enterprise operation, the Utility is funded entirely from customer user fees and does not receive any tax dollars.

                                  Click here for the Service Area Map

The system operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and must meet numerous State and Federal regulations, which require a dedicated team from a variety of disciplines working together to oversee the Utility infrastructure and assets.

The economic climate of the past several years created a challenge to the prioritization of resources needed to continually operate, maintain and update an aging infrastructure.  In 2013 an asset evaluation was performed that identified how to best manage our resources and sustain the integrity of the current system, as well as budget, plan and anticipate future water and wastewater demands.  Our customers can look forward to a variety of important improvements over the next few years.

Brevard County Utility Services Department is committed to providing high quality services and customer feedback is critical to our success in meeting this goal.  We welcome any comments or suggestions that you care to make concerning our services or this web page. Please feel free to contact the Utility Services Director, James Helmer, by email or at the address and telephone number to the right on any matter concerning our department, our services, or our plans for the future.
Utility Services Department
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Building A, Suite 213
Viera, FL 32940

Phone: (321) 633-2091
Fax: (321) 633-2095
E-mail the Director, James Helmer


For Boil Water Notice Updates please call:
Mims (321) 633-2118
Barefoot Bay/San Sebastian Woods  (321) 952-4610


After Hours/Emergency Contact Info:
(321) 455-1338 - except Barefoot Bay Area
(772)664-5916 - Barefoot Bay Area


Contact Webmaster about this website's content, services, or technical issues.
Board of County Commissioners
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way  Viera, FL 32940
Tel: (321) 633-2000 or Florida Relay 1-800-955-8771
Subscribe to Brevard County Public Information Releases and Newsletters
Subscribe to Brevard County Public Information Releases
County Webmail | Using Our Site | Privacy Statement | ADA Notice | Site Map
Copyright © Brevard County, Florida. All rights reserved.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.