Commercial Renovation Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Commercial: Alteration that DOES NOT impact the footprint of the building or add height to the building such as windows, doors, pool resurface, stucco over frame, solar roof shingles, interior demolition, or interior alteration without change of occupancy classification. For new interior build-out or alteration with change of occupancy classification, see Commercial New Construction.
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Building Contractor
- Drywall Contractor
- Garage Door Contractor
- General Contractor
- Glass - Glazing Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Storm Shutter Contractor
- Stucco Contractor
- Swimming Pool Commercial Contractor
- Swimming Pool Service Contractor
- Window and Door Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Construction documents and plans