Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Installation or replacement of electrical wiring, meter can, breaker panel. [NOTE: this does not include changing fixtures that do not require moving/changing wiring.]
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Electrical Contractor
- General Contractor
- Limited Energy Contractor
- Residential Electrical Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit application. For
Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts and uploaded, then approved
by Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Plans – electric riser diagram or other plan documents