Residential SFR - Duplex New Permit Application
Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service
Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Construction of new one or two family dwelling. Includes all sub-trades such as electrical, plumbing, and roofing.
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Building Contractor
- General Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Potable Water Service Capacity Availability Certificate or Reservation Certificate
- Landscaping Land Clearing Affidavit
- Florida Department of Environmental Health septic permit or approval document, if on septic system
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts, then approved by Planning
& Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Plans - Construction documents signed and sealed by a Florida Registered Architect or Engineer, Florida Product Approvals, truss engineering, etc. (these can be separate documents).
- Energy Calculations - Completed Energy Calculation forms, “Manual J” for HVAC equipment sizing, and Energy Performance Level (EPL) Display Card
- Florida Product Approval documents for all exterior doors, windows, overhead garage doors, and skylights
- Plot Plan signed and sealed by a Florida Land Surveyor. Plot plan must: have dimensions and be drawn to scale; depict all existing and proposed buildings, structures, and improvements with finished floor elevations; indicate all adjacent right-of-way
with elevations; show easements and lot grading/drainage plan; provide Flood Zone information.