Application requires review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, monitor application progress, schedule inspections, and pay fees 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Multi-Family: Alteration to one unit in a multi-family building. Including kitchen or bath remodel, exterior doors, windows, shutters, etc.
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- Building Contractor
- Drywall Contractor
- Garage Door Contractor
- General Contractor
- Glass - Glazing Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Special Structure Aluminum Contractor
- Storm Shutter Contractor
- Stucco Contractor
- Window and Door Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Subcontractor Authorization form is required for each subcontractor
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) required if job value exceeds $2,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of Courts and uploaded, then approved by Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.
- Plans – construction document signed and sealed by a Florida Registered Architect or Engineering, Florida Product Approvals, etc. (these can be separate documents).