Residential HVAC / Mechanical Permit Application
Expedited Permit does not require review by county staff. Contractors, who are registered online users, can apply online, upload documents, schedule inspections, pay fees, and obtain an issued permit 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS). Access BASS
You will be notified by email of any changes made to your application status.
All information is intended as a guide and may not cover every situation. Additional information may be required dependent on individual project circumstances.
Type of Work
Residential: Installation of new or replacement HVAC units with or without duct work.
Professionals may only obtain permits for the scope of work in accordance with their license type. Some professionals may be required to name subcontractor(s).
- General Contractor (must name subcontractor)
- HARV Limited Contractor
- HARV Unlimited Contractor
- Mechanical Contractor
- Property owners acting as their own contractor, Owner/Builder, must appear in person
We are encouraging all customers to submit required application documents in digital format. For Brevard's Advanced Service Site (BASS) applications all documents can be uploaded directly to the permit
application. For Walk-in applications documents may be submitted on a compact disc or flash/thumb drive.
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner Builder Application for Contractor Exemption, if you are an Owner/Builder
- Notice of Commencement (NOC). Required if job value exceeds $7,500.00
*Note: NOC must be recorded with the Clerk of the Courts, then approved by
Planning & Development, prior to scheduling inspections.