The Micco Scrub Sanctuary protects 1322 acres of Brevard’s remaining scrubby flatwoods and mesic flatwoods habitat. This mosaic of seasonal marshes and dry flatwoods shelters many indigenous species of plants and animals that cannot be found anywhere else in the county. The long trails running through the Micco Scrub Sanctuary give hikers many chances to spot wildlife.
Acquired in partnership with the State of Florida.
- Non-motorized Mountain Bike Trail
- Horseback Riding Trail
- Hiking Trail
- Wildlife Observation
Seasonal marshes, scrubby flatwoods, and mesic flatwoods
Florida scrub-jay, swallow-tailed kite, wading birds, scrub lizard, gopher tortoise, diamondback rattlesnake, eastern indigo snake, white-tailed deer, eastern cottontail rabbit
Advance notice needed for special accommodations
Dos & Don'ts:
- Pets, smoking, alcohol, motorized vehicles, and hunting are prohibited
- Removal of plants, animals, archeological, or cultural resources is prohibited
- Do not feed, disturb, or harm wildlife
- Stay on the trail for personal safety and protection of the natural environment